Not sure about Home Staging yet? Have a look at these facts:
According to a recent Maritz Research Staging Poll:
- 58% of buyers made a decision to buy after seeing 10 properties – effective home staging keeps your house on the list of must-see properties.
- 79% of sellers are willing to spend up to $5,000 to get their house ready for sale – working with the right home staging consultant maximizes your return on investment.
- 63% of buyers were willing to pay more money for a house that is move in ready.
- 86% of those surveyed said storage space is important to potential buyers – effective home staging maximizes space and spaciousness.
- Top three interior features for selling were freshly painted walls, organized storage space and current flooring – effective home staging will address all three.
- 52% of buyers said the kitchen had the most significant impact on their purchasing decision.
- 79% of buyers indicated they would be willing to pay a premium for a home with an updated kitchen.
- Men (41%) are more likely to place a premium on updated décor than women (30%). From a 2005 National Association of Realtors® survey
- 77% of people view homes first on the Internet.
- 75% of buyers who searched on the Internet went on to view or drive by the homes.
2011 RESA Study Proves Staged Homes Sell 79% Faster
A 2011 study found that homes, not staged, were on the market 156 days before the home owners decided to have them professionally staged. After staging, homes, on average, sold in 42 days. This equates to a total of 198 days.
When staged first (prior to listing), homes averaged 42 days on the market.
RESA’s study proves that it does not benefit the homeowner to list their property first to see if it will sell. When a seller chooses to invest in staging before listing, they will sell on average 79% faster.
More Great Staging Insights
- Professional Staging creates a great first impression for potential home buyers.
- Staged homes make for great listing photos – look impressive in the crowd.
- Staging is for the buyers. We decorate to help make sure buyers can picture themselves living there.
- Staging will make you more money on the sale in addition to helping your listing sell faster.
- Staging brings life to an empty property. Buyers can better understand the scale and possibilities when assessing a staged property.
- Professionally staged homes present and show better than competing houses for sale, including new construction homes and higher-priced houses.
- Staged properties will sell faster when compared with houses that have not been staged. From the date of listing until the day of closing, home staging shortens this time frame, even in a slow real estate market.
- Staged properties can increase the number of offers and selling price in hot markets.
- Buyers view professionally staged listings as “well-maintained’.
- Buyers’ agents recognize that professionally staged listings are “move-in” ready and are inclined to show staged properties.
- Photos of professionally staged listings look better on the MLS, as well as in print.
- Professionally staged listings “STAND-OUT” in prospective buyers’ minds.